Kindness Project & Happiness Goals
Time & Location
About the event
Taylor Battiste and Joel P. Mentor
Class Name: Kindness Project & Happiness Goals
Class Times: Wednesdays 6:00-7:00pm starting 11/25 on zoom
Class Description: This class is a continuation of World Kindness Day, which was Friday November 13th, in hopes to encourage the spread of kindness and positivity not just on the holiday but every day. Incorporating kindness into our everyday lives is what connects people and allows us to love ourselves and the people around us. With just one act of kindness at a time, you manage to make yourself and other people around you happy and the world a better place! This class encourages everyone to take part in acts of kindness in their everyday lives to work towards a more peaceful world starting in our own homes. Let's work together to make a positive difference in each other's lives in the next five weeks! I look forward to meeting you all!
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 810 1413 6556
Week 1: (11/25)
Reflection of World Kindness Day
Share weekly quote: “The world is full of kind people if you can’t find one, be one”
- Where are you from?
- One thing that makes you happy
- What does being kind mean to you?
Questions to answer:
- What is World Kindness Day?
A National Holiday that promotes the importance of being kind to one another, to yourself, and to the world.
Through the encouragement of good deeds and simple acts of kindness, we can work together to create a kinder and more peaceful world. Even the smallest act of kindness can promote happiness and joy, creating a ripple effect for a better world.
How- Simple and easy ways to be kind!
- Smile at other people
- Call a friend or a family member
- Clean and organize
- Do someone a favor (open a door)
- Compliment someone
- Tell the people you love that you love them
- Give someone a hug
- Make a new friend
- Spend less time on technology
- How do you want to incorporate kindness into your life?
- Have you already completed any of these acts of kindness?
- Do you have any other ideas for ways to spread kindness?
Why Be Kind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCCb85TgeEU
Be Kind to Others- short movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXudxua0IKo
Homework: For next class!
1. Please participate in at least one act of kindness and share next class with the group!
2. Write down on a piece of paper a kind message for yourself. (Keep it!)
Week 2: (12/02)
- One thing that made you happy this week?
Homework assignment review:
- Please participate in at least one act of kindness and share next class with the group!
- Write down on a piece of paper a kind message for yourself. (Keep it!)
Please share your act of kindness with the class, you do not need to share the kind message to yourself with the class but it is important to keep it and add when kind messages to yourself when necessary.
Tonights message= Happiness
Week 3: (12/09)
Week 4: (12/16)
Week 5: (12/23)